Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Monday, July 6, 2009

Macro Shoot Prerequisites - Nikon Speedlight


Don't say you have not been warned! The built-in flash can still fire with the Nikkor 60mm F/2.8D on our Nikon D90 but will, if angled improperly, create a shadow arc on your subject. Now, if you insist not to shoot with a tripod, my advice is to shoot solely in automatic macro mode.

Doing focus hunting manually is just too tedious on the lens barrel. Likewise, if you so decide to move your lens physically in and out of the subject, I conclude this technique is also not for the faint of heart. Thankfully, I have already bought the DK-21M magnifier view finder attachment, and this accessory suddenly become very valuable when I now start shooting macro.

Lastly, I am also very thankful that my Nikon SB-900 partner is just sitting there, ready to roll into action when I need that extra light source to lift my subject out of the ISO 800 and above range! What a life saver when you shoot such close up subjects!

No comments: