Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shooting Kids with Nikon D90


I guess one of the key reason why some of us invested in the Nikon D90 is to capture those priceless moments with our kids. I am no exception. The Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D is beginning to shine as brightly as the star as shots are released on my Nikon D90 before my kids. And with my earlier tips, I found the further tweaking of Metering mode to Spot Metering to be a welcome surprise for my eyes! To be on the safe side, also turn on your High Speed release mode to clock that 4.5 FPS moments.

I know...I know...you can do likewise on WB and EV compensation to sweeten the deal but well...you get the picture. I am just wondering why I did not get the Nikkor 50mm earlier. Perhaps the cheap price tag?

One thing to note in photographing kids and family - it does not mean that a good picture has to be a sharp picture. Its the expression you manage to capture from your kids that adds a substantial value to that shot. Sharpness in intended areas is a bonus and will come only as you hone in your shoot skills.

Lastly, also bear in mind that photography is an artistic expression of yourself. It does involves some in-born artistic gene to excel in it. Hence, don't be too hard on ones who just can't get it right no matter how hard that person tries. Its OK. Try roller-blading...