Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Filters and Lens


Its a whole systematic school of technicalities and details when lens filter is concerned and I just realized that my lens came with one that is of UV type, and not simply a protector filter. Well, this could well be the notable difference my shots turn out against a colleague of mine who also owns a Nikon D90 without a proper UV filter on its kit lens.

Then, there is the polarizing type filters, that cuts glare and reflective lights from non-metallic surfaces when shots are made. It even comes available in types that soften, enhance contrast etc. your subjects! As far as brand is concerned, I came to know two prominent make - Hoya and Stein Zeiser and decided to get another Stein Zeiser UV filter for my Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D today.

The effects further enhances the shots I took today. Its a must for one who would want their lens to stay effective longer.