Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More Discovery About Flashing with Nikon SB-900 Speedlight


A flash is still a flash when it comes to her primary role, spreading an even, center-weighted, or standard beam of white light to anything in her path when fired. I found both the use of the filter pack (TN-A1) or direct flashing, having an equal effect of whitening the whole scene up.

That is far from ideal when our intention is still to retain the orangey warm ambience when the shot is taken. Hence, we are faced with two options - shoot on a tripod without a flash or shoot at WB above 7000K, with a flash. I often choose the latter while manually zooming in my strobe to 200mm.

This experiment pleasantly resulted in my subject being lighted up in a modest array of orange tint while the background's incandescent ambience is wonderfully preserved. I don't really like white light when shooting any night indoor scene unless I am in a hospital.

Just thought this can come in handy at some point in time.

No comments: