Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Saturday, August 1, 2009

First Impression of Nikon Capture NX 2


In a phrase - Blown away twice, off my chair and down the stairs!

Sticking to my conviction that software such as Aperture 2 and Nikon Capture NX 2 should serve only as an insurance policy in photography, a claim was finally made today by my dad to salvage his photo gallery off his recent Brazilian trip on a Nokia N78. No big deal. About a hundred images.

Now, if you are familiar with Adobe Lightroom, or Photoshop and the likes, we are naturally talking about a rather steep learning curve to just cover the very basics. But with Nikon Capture NX 2, I was happily enhancing his first image in a few minutes!! The U-point technology is really that intelligent and intuitive like the brochure claims. I was shocked at how easy it is turning out to be to turn overexposed, "dead" camera phone images into restored professional images, ready for A4 printing.

Mind you, I never bothered even exploring Nikon Capture NX 2 after I acquired it, save a default installation on my laptop. I think this is my second time running this program this morning! Now, this is what I call professional post processing standards for idiots. Anyone can perform the work in minutes, compared to hours/days required by other equivalent software products.

At least, I can now say that the Nikon Capture NX 2 win Apple Aperture 2 by miles in ease of use!

No comments: