Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Go Fish - Macro/Micro Photography


Like my favorite card game, Go Fish, I am running out of lens to properly continue shooting my home on our first mini projects. Declaring this, I now thought it be good excuse to change the channel and move into micro photography! Frankly, I have been studying the Nikkor 60mm lenses for a few months now and has been persuaded, swayed or bought-in the fact that the older Nikkor 60mm F/2.8D is a better piece of glass for me.

Distortion characteristics wise, its quite a surprise that the older lens perform better than the newer successor. Many folks also believe falsely that the new Nano coating contributes to a sharper image, but how untrue that is! This coating only minimize strong light rays (that you allow to enter the lens) from creating image flares or ghosts among the lens elements. It is true that the nanocoat will maintain the color depth of the image taken against a strong back-lit light source.

Mini verdict? I went ahead and bought the Nikkor 60mm F/2.8D today for $499. Only later when I left the shop that I realized that its my first lens that is made in the land of the rising sun. Should it be better? Maybe...

No comments: