Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Side Step - Wide Angle Lenses?


I was thrown off my chair over dinner today, as I discovered a dark, secret truth about wide angle lenses. A secret Nikon wouldn't want you to know about. (But a known fact to the pros of course!)

On the widest end lens supremacy arena, a small lens maker called Tokina reign supreme!

The new $500 Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX is an ultra-wide angle lens with a fast f/2.8 aperture, tackles very wide end at 11mm and its performance price ratio simply blew the Nikon's 10-24mm or 12-24mm out of the water, quite literally. Folks all over the WWW confirms that, very few denied its prowess, even less defied it. See what good old Ken has to say [here].

So, if you, like me, is looking for a wide end lens, the Tokina should be your first choice - unless, you are another Nikon-only zombie (I am trying to fight that myself...).