Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Addition - Nikkor 35mm F/1.8G

Just while driving out of my clients' office today, a phone call came to inform me that my ordered Nikkor 35mm F/1.8G is in. So, being almost at the end of a long day, I decided to deviate from my home to pick it up.

Wow, at $200, it even came with a lens hood and lens case! In her physical outlook, it seriously took a major resemblance of the Nikkor 50mm F/1.4G (save the distance scale)! Moving forward, some how, along the line of lens review and purchase, I am subconsciously led back to fast prime lens world for my Nikon D90...a dejavu from how I started photography with the Contax T3.

(Back in those days, I used to sneer at zoom lenses and squash images from lesser camera against my Contax T3's razor-sharp prime lens...yeaks! Bad boy. Prior to that, I had a Yashica T4)

Anyway, let me find a day to run it through that I can share with all how this lens measure up! Some say the sweet spot of this lens is between F/2.8 and F/3.5...we shall see.