Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Monkey Business in Nature Reserve


I am quite sure these monkeys have been taking posing lessons here and they presented me a wonderful opportunity to take them down with my Nikkor 70-300mm G lens yesterday.

As you can see, its shot handheld with a 8mm center-weighted focus area set on the Nikon D90. It can definitely be better if a tripod is available for added stability. Sometimes, a tip I have been using with this lens is to initiate a refocus on the subject to ensure the camera is focusing on where I want it to.

Well, the 11 AF points on the Nikon D90 is not exactly encompassing the whole image hence the chances for less accurate results. Setting my shutter speed to a minimal 1/80 second (to minimize vibration), the camera gingerly pushed the ISO to 560. Technically, each white pixel has been adulterated with slight chromatic aberration here. Well, its but a $150 lens! I am very pleased with the overall result nevertheless.