Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sigma Lens - Good Alternative of Nikkor Lens?

In this competitive and stifling lens manufacturing market, its a consumer market out there, with more-for-less slogan broadcasted from every camera retailers around us. This brings me to review some of the more promising lens manufacturers that seek to convince me of their better value lens.

And with the credit crunch that won't be leaving anytime soon, I thought it would be good for me to seek my next lens purchase possibly on a non-Nikkor name tag. After all, its been almost 20 years since I used a generic lens maker like Sigma (on my dad's Minolta Dynax 5i) but I am willing to check them out objectively.

So, for the next few weeks, I would be testing them out and giving you my opinion on each Sigma lens I tried. If it matches my current two-lens library in all that I am so familiar with, why not? After all, Sigma and Tamron claim full compatibility with Nikon DSLRs.