Followers

Nikonstudio.tumblr.com Posts

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Manual Focus for Sharp Image on Nikkor 50mm F/1.8

Another week, another chapter to fine tune my experience with the Nikkor 50mm lens. I have been absent for a few days due to work commitment but I am back to share my new findings with the 50mm lens I own.

To really appreciate and achieve sharp images out of this lens, I strongly concluded that manual focus is the only way to go! No means of narrowing down single-point focus etc. will yield consistently sharp focus. Only the gauge from your eyes can determine that via manual control of the aperture ring. But again, if this is not possible, attempt to shoot at F/2.8 to F/5.6 for sharp auto-focused images.

Otherwise, its goin' to turn soft and fluffy 95% of the time, giving you that reason to avoid its use subsequently. It gets worse on the more expensive Nikkor 50mm F/1.4 lens!